Celine Dion has announced that she is leaving Las Vegas in June 2019, ending her Colosseum concert residency. She has made Las Vegas her part-time home for over 20 years, raising her children and spending time with her husband Rene Angelil in a suburban home in Las Vegas. Celine Dion will have 28 more shows starting in February next year. The final concert date is June 8, 2019. Tickets for next year’s shows are available now. Therefore, there are still chances for her fans to see her shows in Las Vegas next year.
Celine Dion’s Concert Residence at Caesar Palace in Las Vegas
Celine Dion has played over 1,000 shows in Las Vegas so far. She said that Caesar Palace is a big part of her life for many years. Her first residency was from March 25, 2003 through December 15, 2007. Her second and current residency, known as “Celine”, started on March 15, 2011. Will Celine Dion return to Montreal Canada after ending her residency in Las Vegas? That remains to be seen.
What People Say About Celine Dion in Las Vegas
John Nelson, Senior Vice President of AEG Presents, praised Celine Dion for her innovative and excellent performances. John Meglen, co-CEO of Concerts West/AEG Presents, said Celine Dion changed the landscape of entertainment in Las Vegas in a positive way and people thanked Celine for her contribution to Las Vegas.
Why Celine Dion Is Leaving Las Vegas
There could be a few reasons why Celine Dion is leaving Las Vegas and the number one reason could be her health.
In late March 2018, Celine Dion canceled three weeks of shows due to health issues. She later revealed that she suffered a disorder known as Patulous Eustachian tube, which is a medical condition in her middle ear. Celine Dion had been experiencing that disorder for 12 to 18 months before she had an ear surgery and took sometime to recover from it.
She ultimately returned to her residency on May 22, 2018. She said she was very happy but a bit nervous to go back to the stage. It was the hardest thing to cancel shows and the decision to do so was not made lightly, according to her. She said she was grateful for the support from her fans who came to see her shows over the years.
The Grammy Award winner turns 50 this year. Her husband and manager, Rene Angelil, died from throat cancer in January 2016 at the age of 73. Angelil is credited for playing an important role in Dion’s success. The couple shared three children.
Insiders say that the beloved diva worked too hard and she really needs to make some changes to her life.
It Is Sad for Celine Dion to Say Goodbye
Celine Dion said it is sad to say goodbye to this chapter of her career and she definitely has mixed emotions about this final run.
Celine Dion’s signature song “My Heart Will Go On” is one of the best-selling singles of all time and she has millions of fans worldwide. Her heart will go on, but her shows will not after June 2019. “Not everyone has the privilege to do what they love in life.”, she said in March. There are no better words than the title of one of her songs – “That’s The Way It Is”.
Here is a picture of Celine Dion performing her signature song “My Heart Will Go On” at Caesar Palace in Las Vegas.
Here are more pictures of Celine Dion who will say goodbye to Las Vegas next year.
How to Get Your Celine Dion Show Ticket
Click this link to get the best Las Vegas deals including hotel deals and show ticket offers.
For more information about Las Vegas hotels, shows, restaurants, and shops, read this Las Vegas Travel Guide.